RE: Incorrect Resolution of $HOME Variable

2009-03-31 19:51:23
James Butler wrote Tuesday, March 31, 2009 23:12:

When I tried modifying config.h as:

#define DEFmaildir "$HOME/Maildir/" <= with the trailing slash

All I got were "Cannot treat as directory" errors. As soon as
I removed the trailing slash, the error went away and procmail
was able to create subdirectories, etc. as noted in my earlier
messages.

That's because you already have an mbox file sitting there.
You can't treat as a directory a name that is already assigned
to a file!

I thought I wrote this to the list a few days ago.  You need
to delete your mbox file under there before the maildir+
stuff will work.

Dallman