Re: Some strange is done to subject line

2009-10-29 14:22:51
At 12:59 2009-10-29 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
If you know that is what it means... and in any event I did say it was
an utf8 issue.

It seemed you expressed puzzlement that the message wasn't matching that recipe and instead was filed elsewhere...

Judging from several such messages it appears the encoding stays the
same for the word Retrospect.

Yes, but if there were other text prefixed in there, it'll shift the encoding. That is, even if "Retrospect" appears in the subject, you can't expect the encoded string to match mid-subject as it does in plain text.