Re: Filter Oddity

2010-04-12 09:04:38
At 09:09 2010-04-12 +0100, Arthur Dent wrote:
I have a sandbox set up based on Sean Straw's (OK, shamelessly copied
exactly from Sean Straw's)

I publish the sandbox for a reason - so people can use it. There's no problem with "shamelessly copying it". Besides, the sandbox itself itself is formed from a collection of practices of others over the years on this list.

sandbox concept, and when I run a message from B2e through that, it hits the rule!

It is sounding as if the copy of the message you first receive from fetchmail may have a slightly different From_ than the ones you're reprocessing. I can't say WHY, but it's seeming like it might.

And this is true whether I am using a copy of the filter or pointing the
sandbox directly at the live filter.

Good test - this generally rules out the possibility of a typo in the test copy.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions...

If would be helpful to see the logged delivery summary showing the From_ line of a native failed copy of the message in question. Enable logging if you don't already in your /etc/procmailrc (note that you could enable it just before the recipe that is failing, so you're not innundated with logging from everything else).