Re: [pro] Re: Filter Oddity

2010-04-13 03:03:15
On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 17:23 -0400, Charles Gregory wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
Not likely a retype - the log posting includes the same syntax, no colon.

Then it's real 'mystery meat' to me.... :)

OK Chaps,

I'm sorry to have caused so much consternation. I don't know if this
will (at least partially) resolve the "mystery", but I have to confess
to laziness on my part.

I predominantly use two MUAs (if we discount OE which I am compelled to
use at work) Evolution and Mutt. I know that Mutt is much more "pure" in
its treatment of the underlying message, but I happened to be reading my
mail with Evolution when the rogue email dropped through into my Inbox
(as had others from the same source before it). I simply used
Evolution's "save message" option to produce the file to do my testing
with, and I guess it must have been that which "processed" the mail
allowing it to pass the tests I performed later. Had I done the same
thing with Mutt the tests would have failed (as I later found out) and I
would have investigated more closely before calling for help here...

Apologies for the noise.

Sean's suggestion of '* ^From.*' certainly seems to work (on the Mutt
version of the file and the raw text extracted from the mbox file) even
though I haven't yet had a "live" one since.

Thanks again to everyone. Your help is much appreciated.

Mark