Re: Filter Oddity

2010-04-12 09:23:44
On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 06:53 -0700, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
At 09:09 2010-04-12 +0100, Arthur Dent wrote:

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions...

If would be helpful to see the logged delivery summary showing the From_
line of a native failed copy of the message in question.  Enable logging if
you don't already in your /etc/procmailrc (note that you could enable it
just before the recipe that is failing, so you're not innundated with
logging from everything else).

Ah! - I didn't know you could do that. So my "live" filter would look
something like:

...various other rules

VERBOSE=ON
:0:
* ^From .*(dickensnetwork.org.uk|(b2e-(resourcing|solutions)))
Misc/Agencies
VERBOSE=OFF

...more rules

Is that right?

I will try that. The only problem is that emails from this source are
sporadic. I might get three in one day and then none for two weeks, but
that is what makes this such a good suggestion. I certainly don't want
to turn on verbose logging for the whole of my live environment on the
off-chance that I might get one of these mails.

Thanks. I'll get back to you onece I get another one...

Best regards

Mark