Re: Please fix obsolete address in http://www.procmail.org/era/lists.html

2013-06-16 03:57:41
Trying again. This list now seems to have problems taking posts from
long-term subscribers as well.

----- Forwarded message from Erik Christiansen
<dvalin(_at_)internode(_dot_)on(_dot_)net> -----

Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 22:33:20 +1000
From: Erik Christiansen <dvalin(_at_)internode(_dot_)on(_dot_)net>
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de
Subject: Re: Please fix obsolete address in
http://www.procmail.org/era/lists.html

<201306151132(_dot_)r5FBWmUg002413(_at_)fire(_dot_)js(_dot_)berklix(_dot_)net>

On 15.06.13 13:32, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
- The procmail.org community have [had] an admin problem for {Overflow}
  time, preventing subscriptions;

Perhaps we've devolved into a closed community, then. The List-Subscribe
URL in the list mail headers seems to work fine:

which also identifies a list administrator at the bottom of the page.
(I guess he's one of those you've tried to contact.)

- I offered to Create a procmail mail list if existing one was broken
  (I saw from web that had been done before too !)

The list seems to be ticking along, but until you report, we don't know
whether we have a list administrator who's still breathing. (It might
just be the northern hemisphere summer which is at fault - with everyone
out camping in the mountains, or filling sandbags in central Europe.)

- I wrote other names I found on web, finaly got a response, he would look in
  next week.

Uh - huh. Probably has to hike three days to reach the admin, up in the
hills. I'd preferably be consuming Bratwurst and a Weissbier on the
terrace at that place half way up the hill to Schloss Neuschwanstein, if
I were in that hemisphere now.

- Postmaster @ Aachen happened to discover list was now under mailman, kindly
  mailed me a web address, & I subscribed.

So he'd be the one to hand out edit permission to some hardy volunteer,
to run a handmower over the long grass on the web page, perhaps?
(Assuming the list admin has left town for more than a summer outing.)

Many thanks for your efforts so far.

Erik

--
The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be
done by perfect men.

----- End forwarded message -----