Re: environment passed from sendmail?

2015-08-09 13:38:46

On 2015-08-09 19:25, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
On 2015-08-09 13:13 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

While you do not realize it, Alan did provide you with the answer.  You
should offer an apology, it was you who could not understand.

Now I am confused.  It is totally obvious to me that what you say is
false.

I asked about envelope sender and recipient.  Alan said nothing about
those.

I asked about local sendmail message ID.  Alan said nothing about that.

Instead he quoted the basic RFC 822 headers.  Did he really think I
don't know about them, asking in this list?  Or was he being snarky?

You are what you read.

Either way, it wasn't a way to get me super polite.

To me, you're just another whiner.

Remember that you first painted a context in which you can't administer stuff anymore. Reasoning from that, many options aren't available.

See the 'EXAMPLE' section of 'man procmail' for 'better' answers.

--
Ruud