Re: new draft RFC under construction

2003-10-24 10:00:34

Hi, just reading over the draft and have a few comments/observations:

- I think Errors-To is depreciated, it was only ever a sendmail kludge
and has never been formalized in any RFC, no other MTA's actually
support it AFAIK. Return-Path gets more milage.

- Further to above, people who "bounce" or "redirect" a message to
  a third party may hit the same "gotcha" as "The .forward problem",
  but in this case there is sometimes a "Resent-From" header.

- 2.1 "domain administrators MUST be prepared to upgrade" may
  be more condusive to early adaption if it were a "SHOULD be prepared".
  Is it reasonable to assume the implentations of a new DNS RR type would
  maintain backwards compat?

- 2.2 This I should be able to cite chapter and verse, but I can't offhand
  :-O, but could it be "considered harmful" to put underscores in A recs?
  (the special subdomain _spf, its working in my tests but could it break
  any resolvers or applications?)

- Love the Sunrise Date! Although in practical terms it may be too early.
  Who knows though.

That's it after first read.

-mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr(_at_)easydns(_dot_)com>
Co-founder, easyDNS Technologies Inc.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt