Re: lookups by macro expansion

2003-10-27 22:21:08
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 10:53:42PM -0500, Philip Gladstone wrote:
| My take is that you ought to remove the subsumed mechanisms -- since
| developers have to implement the macro one, it will save them work not
| having to implement the rest.

Actually, once developers implement the macro one, they can implement
the rest as calls to the macro.

This really isn't a big deal, just a style preference.  I prefer the
TMTOWTDI approach, others prefer a more spartan approach.  A bit of
healthy disagreement here isn't going to sink the spec.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt