Re: extending the macro syntax

2003-11-03 19:44:26
I'll try and put together some tests using my DNS server (which I can control). I'll let you have the records once I have that all working. What DNS server software do you use -- i..e what should the zone file look like. I'm using tinydns so that format would be best for me.

Philip

p.s. This is the current set of records that I have generated:

idigjesus.com     IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr:rr.com default=softdeny"
esmx10.mattel.com IN TXT "v=spf1 mx default=softdeny"
e.delta.com       IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr:%{d2} default=softdeny"
ebay.com          IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr default=softdeny"
lists.sourceforge.net IN TXT "v=spf1 mx default=softdeny"
dalsemi.com       IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr default=softdeny"
rcn.com           IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr:rcn.net default=softdeny"
syslang.net       IN TXT "v=spf1 mx default=softdeny"
v2.listbox.com    IN TXT "v=spf1 mx default=softdeny"
paypal.com        IN TXT "v=spf1 mx default=softdeny"
The SPF record at gladstonefamily.net looks good
returns.groups.yahoo.com IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr:%{d2} default=softdeny"
redhat.com        IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr default=softdeny"
Realtor.com       IN TXT "v=spf1 pi default=softdeny"

The idigjesus.com line was some mail order pharmacy spam. I have fairly agressive RBL filtering before it gets to this stage.