Re: TXT Records

2003-11-21 07:44:44
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Jonathan Steinert wrote:

Jasper Wallace wrote:

The best i can come up with is 'spf-' and a string of random letters,
interspaced with '-' - it's possible that someone is stashing binary data in
domain names (random crypto keys?), but if they are they will be packing the
info as densely as possible, so using '-' will (hopefully) avoid clashes.

So i propose: 'spf-e-d-a-1-e-5-f-u' as the spf label, if we decide we need
one.

What is that string hanging off the end there? I see your purpose for
it, but what is that particular one?

It's just some random letters and numbers.

The point is to try to come up with a string thats:

a) a valid hostname (since using underscores has problems with some sites).

b) as unique as we can make it - it's possible that some site already has a
host called 'spf' and we want to avoid a clash.

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt