Re: TXT Records

2003-11-21 07:42:57
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

If you are implying that underscore is not valid in DNS then you are
confused.  RFC952 says they are not allowed in hostnames, but DNS
allows them just fine[1]

I understand that fine, but many sites on the internet don't - such as the
web based dns providers i listed above.

Zeroconf for example uses them for a namespace escape to make sure they
don't collide with a valid hostname.  We should use _spf for the same
reason.

That some web based dns providers aren't complete, doesn't really
change that.

That depends on how much we care about the deployability of SPF, if we want
it to be maximaly deployable then we need to go with the widest available
feature set.

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt