Re: Pure ESMTP alternative

2003-11-23 17:53:15
Dan Boresjo wrote:

The idea is to permit SMTP servers not only to publish their own authorization data, but also to talk to each other and form a 'web of trust' for lookups using different heuristic sender authorization schemes. I'm thinking this would enable the scheme to become useful long before widespread adoption, since muliple server's local mechanisms can be aggregated to establish levels of confidence.

I welcome comments :)

My concern about using any TCP based protocol is that the latencies and setup costs will be significant when delivering email. The good news about the current SPF (non-http) is that all the data is availabe via UDP and it already makes use of existing caching infrastructure in the 'net.

Philip

--
Philip Gladstone
* Check out the live pondcam at http://pond.gladstonefamily.net