Re: When MX is not present, fall back to A

2003-12-14 11:32:49

Breaking with tradition:

   If the <target-name> has no MX records, SPF clients MUST NOT pretend
   the target is its single MX, and MUST NOT default to an A lookup on
   the <target-name> directly.  If such behaviour was intended, the
   <target-name> would have specified an "a" declaration instead.

Which do you think would be better, guys?

Honestly, this pulls surprising weight with me:

I administer a network of machines, and I hate having to have MX records
for each, and now SPF records for each -- my mail is handled by a few
machines in the domain, so the extra records bother me.

I'd love to see that grandfathering finally phased out.

Ari

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.3.txt
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦ç?2b¥yÈbox(_dot_)com

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com