Ability not policy [was: Maybe simple question]

2003-12-23 12:05:01
From: Greg Connor [mailto:gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org]
I strongly believe that multiple solutions are required to stop spam.  I
strongly disagree with anyone who says "There is one right answer to the
spam problem and it is X".  (I'm not sure if this is what you meant to say

or not...)

One of the reasons for XWindows success (in UNIX variants, at least), was
the notion of "ability not policy".  SPF encourages domain holders (the
payees) to choose a policy.  But it doesn't seem to enforce any one.  This
is a good thing.

---
http://www.pnambic.com/leeca
... The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called 'yourself'.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com