SPF needing buy-in from Big Four

2004-01-06 15:48:31
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:55:44PM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
| > | Uptake Model:
| > |   As Rick Adams has pointed out, there is no consensus yet
| > |   that this is the right way to go.  The major ISPs on the
| > |   net -- AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc. -- have not bought into this
| > |   scheme.  Unless and until they do, it doesn't help much,
| > |   either for their customers (who make up a substantial
| > |   proportion of the user population) or for everyone else
| > |   (since their addresses could be forged).
|
| Agreed, but Steve does not know the status of those discussions.

Neither does anybody else, it seems.  I haven't heard anything from the
Jam-Spam consortium other than "we will make an announcement real soon".
They've been saying that since at least October.

Besides, I'm really surprised to see an IESG person say "hey, the future
of the Internet is really up to the Big Four, they can lead and the rest
of us can follow."

I'd be more than happy if the Big Four decided to go with SPF.  Let's
make that decision real easy for them to make by getting it deployed
everywhere first.