Re: RE: sendmail-milter-spf-1.1.pl script and secondary MX

2004-01-09 09:07:05
begin  Friday 09 January 2004 17:00, Julian Mehnle quote:
Alain Knaff [spf(_at_)misc(_dot_)lka(_dot_)org(_dot_)lu] wrote:
However, I ran into the following problem: if I install the SPF
milter, it will reject all mail from SPF'ed domains (such as aol.com)
that passed through my own secondary MX. I guess that makes sense,
because my secondary MX is obviously not listed in AOL's SPF list, but
shouldn't there be a way to inform the Milter about my own MX'es?

The proper way to solve your problem would be your secondary MX performing
SPF checks as well.

Please re-read my example. The issue is that (legitimate) messages get
dropped on their way from secondary to the primary. It's not enough to
ensure that the secondary does the checks as well, we must also be
able configure the primary so that it trusts its secondary.

Alain

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)©#«Mo\¯HÝÜîU;±€Ö€Íµø?¡