RE: Is anyone going to the MIT spam conference?

2004-01-13 20:23:56

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I suggest that we consider meeting for an after-conference dinner at
Mary's.

Then we should consider the fact that Mary's holds about 30
people, does
not take reservations and 250 people from the conference
will have the
same idea.

*grumble/whine*  No dundun noodles, no swan la chow show, no
mysterious
flavored chicken.

No waiting five hours while everyone else who went to the conference tries
to do the same thing, plus the usual 545 Tech sq. crowd.

The Royal Beast is closer and has some of the same issues but unlike
Mary's I think it takes reservations. Any other suggestions?

I just got home after a large meal at Penang in Chinatown - the
logistics might be prohibitive of taking the red line to the
orange line
  and walking 2 blocks Emperor's Garden - but that place is humongous.

I'd prefer to avoid a change, red line to harvard square is more practical.
Border Cafe? Might be viable early on in the evening (but loud). Plenty
other eateries.

Absent transport (my car only holds 2) we need somewhere in walking
distance.

We'll need the mountain rescue dogs with full brandy barrels
this Friday
night wherever we go.  ;-)

I'm still wondering whether to drive my car or my snowblower..