Re: provocative article at BusinessWeek about Yahoo DomainKeys, etc

2004-01-15 00:01:16
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:39:27PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
This article makes it sound like Yahoo is pushing pretty hard with
domain keys.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2004/tc20040113_3442_tc047.htm

If the world decides to adopt Domain Keys, there are pros and cons.  The
biggest pro is that we could then abandon SRS with a sigh of relief.
The biggest con is that everybody has to pay more in CPU and, possibly,
PKI certificates.  Look at what a domain costs vs what an SSL cert costs.

I hope any scheme that requires a CA to be involved fails.