Re: The case for XML

2004-01-21 16:24:55
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:32:07PM -0600, wayne wrote:

| Near the end, I said:
|
| > BUNK!
|
| Sorry about that folks.  I kind of lost it at the end and expressed my
| ideas in a far more inflammatory fashion than I should have.

that does illustrate one of the problems with XML, though: the gut
reaction, the emotional responses.

As William Gibson said in "Pattern Recognition", "Emotion makes us buy
things."

Emotion also makes us not buy things.

If there's enough emotion in the admin community against XML, even if
it's technically superior, we might as well not bother.

Besides, see Don Norman: often emotion is very smart, smarter than we
are.