Re: considering XML

2004-01-22 14:12:21
Phil Howard wrote:

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:00:35AM +0000, Wechsler wrote:

| Phil Howard wrote:
| >(as if any MTA or validator would be in PHP, but you never know)
| Funny you should say that ;)
I take it you have one?

All the tools at http://www.infinitepenguins.net/SPF/ are running on PHP; I have a PHP class doing the SPF validation.

Unfortunately (as I realised after I've started) PHP can't fetch TXT records, so I'm shelling to /usr/bin/host for that, which is not doing great things for the load on that server.

A friend of mine is currently writing me an emergency patch to PHP5beta to avoid this problem; the functionality is promised in mainstream PHP when 5 releases for real.

        Wechsler