Re: return of softfail, and its sidekick 'none'

2004-01-24 09:47:07
Meng Weng Wong wrote:

But if we bring back softfail (~all) we can add "none" as well with less
fear of the above!

I always did feel I was over hasty in taking out softfail.  I think AOL
would be using that right now if that was there, and we'd be able to
gather much better data that way.

I think (to repeat myself from quite a while back) that if mail filters have a clearly marked 'experimental logging' option to log 'unknown, no record' differently from 'unknown, specified by record', then we get all the logging benefits with none of the assumption risks.

        Wechsler

--
This message protected by the SPF protocol - adopt it now!
Details: http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/