Re: Mechanism usage in live SPF records

2004-01-27 08:36:37
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, wayne wrote:

: > Your wording clearly implies that you want to shortcut around macros for
: > some reason.  If so, why is that?
:
: If you think I'm not a VERY strong supporter of macros, you haven't
: been reading this mailing list for very long.

Yeah, but anyone can have a change of heart at the last minute.  8-)

: That said, I also believe in the KISS principle, and if macros aren't
: used, then I could be convinced that it is just me who likes them.

It's not just you.  mengwong already mentioned that Pobox itself may use
macros in the near future to provide a per-user SPF record in lieu of
funneling everything through SASL-authenticated SMTP ... and that's from The
Source.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv(_at_)duh(_dot_)org> <tv(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage