Re: procmail

2004-01-29 14:27:51
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:03:25PM -0800, Catherine Hampton wrote:

| Now, what I *really* need to do is figure out how to call "host" to
| do a "TXT" record lookup, and then figure out how to parse it in
| Procmail....  Should be simple, but if anyone has already figured
| this out, let me know.

Could just call the spfquery program, that might be easiest

Yeah.  That would require running an instance of perl, though,
wouldn't it?  I'd rather not, if I can get away with it.  Procmail
alone is already CPU-intensive....

If I can use host or another standard, small Unix utility to do a
lookup that displays SPF information in ANY format, I can extract
what I need.  That's what I'd prefer to do, if possible.

--
Catherine Hampton <ariel(_at_)spambouncer(_dot_)org>
The SpamBouncer         *     <http://www.spambouncer.org/>

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage