cookie management during forwarding

2004-02-07 08:57:40
I just read the document on SRS.  I'd like to read about cookie management
in case the "incoming forwarder" is different from the "outgoing forwarder".

In our university, all departmental servers send outgoing mail through
an outgoing server (OUT), but incoming mail goes to a different server
(INC).  What I'd like to read about somewheree how the cookie
generated on OUT gets communicated to INC.

We also have a further complication: most (but not all) incoming mail
ends up in INC, and is not forwarded back to the departmental servers.
What happens then, in case of a bounce, with the (departmental) part
of the address that does not get decoded?

Thx,

Mate
--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt