Re: Latest proposal re HELO checking: make HELO tests optional

2004-03-07 04:10:55
I think I can make everybody happy with this.

Just to be alkward :-) As you probably know, some people object to all this
stuff on the grounds that it "overloads" the mail from payload.
That's moot, but at least it's generally agreed that MAIL FROM gives a
*sender* identification. On the other hand, HELO identifies the SMTP
*client*. Doesn't this make it totally out of scope for SPF?

I think it's possible that this might come to be seen as a real mistake.