Re: AOL Spam down 27%

2004-03-25 10:11:41
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Brian Candler wrote:

I am all in favour of modifying E-mail in such a way as to make spammers'
lives difficult, but SPF is not the way to go.

You've pretty nicely summed up why I haven't implemented SPF on my own
domain, or at work.  I'm open-minded about it but I'm not convinced yet
that it's going to be an effective solution.  Before I risk implementing
it I'm waiting to see if enough of the rest of the Internet will tag along
to make it worthwhile...right now I'm suspecting it won't, because of the
problems you cite.

I do *publish* an SPF record for my domain, since that takes minimal
effort and doesn't get into the problem of losing legitimate mail.