Re: AOL Spam down 27%

2004-03-25 15:31:40
In
<1080253417(_dot_)3643(_dot_)57(_dot_)camel(_at_)imladris(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
 David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org> writes:

If someone starts to come up with actual code that implements the
idea, I would be interested and it would be worth my time to comment
then.  I might even be interested in contributing code.

I've moved from _pure_ handwaving to an algorithm which involves only
moderate handwaving, giving a description of how one might do
cryptographic signatures which stand more than a whelk's chance in a
supernova of surviving mailing list appendages, etc. Would you be
interested in that much progress?

Yes, I would be interested in such things.  For validating the RFC2822
headers, I think a cryptographic approach sounds more likely to
succeed.

I will confess that I'm pretty swamped with SPF related stuff right
now, but I think it is important to try to make progress on more than
one front.

-wayne