Re: AOL Spam down 27%

2004-03-25 14:52:00
Ironmail also boost the score of an e-mail with a valid spf record.

--------------------------
Daniel Bourque
Loto-Québec
via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Connor <gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org>
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
<spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thu Mar 25 16:32:55 2004
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] AOL Spam down 27%

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 12:11 -0500, David Brodbeck wrote:
I do *publish* an SPF record for my domain, since that takes minimal
effort and doesn't get into the problem of losing legitimate mail.

--David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org> wrote:
It does, however, lead to the possibility that other people will lose
_your_ legitimate outgoing mail. Which is why I haven't published an SPF
record either.

You'll note that even aol.com and pobox.com have records which end in
'?all', which is largely equivalent to not publishing a record at all.

Not completely true... If the mail can be "confirmed as authorized" then
there are some benefits there... I think spamassassin gives a slight boost
to the score, for example.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200403.txt