Re: ?all

2004-03-30 13:35:12
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

      Hell I wonder what it would take to get them to commit to it.
Looking through the spam I've trap'd from AOL.com addresses almost all
of it has SPF headers saying that it was sent from a non-designated
host, while the non-spam AOL email comes from valid designated hosts.
Would have saved my spam filter the trouble if SPF had rejected it.

My SPF filter has a reject_neutral config which currently includes only
aol.com.  Mail with an SPF result of neutral is rejected for domains
in this list.  I know this is not recommended behaviour, but it works for
me.  Today, 88 AOL neutral spams were rejected and 65 SPF fail spams
were rejected.  Since you can log on to AOL from anywhere on the internet,
there really is no excuse not to use the offical AOL servers to send AOL
mail.  In fact, I don't think your typical AOL user knows *how* to do
anything else...

      "Very few of our customers are going to have a pure Unix
      or pure Windows environment." - Dennis Oldroyd, Microsoft Corporation