Re: some statistics

2004-04-14 09:27:23
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 17:19, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
*Mailing lists* is a much bigger problem for me, since lots of academic
mailing lists are extremely unlikely to switch to SRS in the academic
lifespan of any of the grad students maintaining the lists. It's why I have
to use "?all" rather than "-all", and why I'm examining the SpamAssassin
code in 3.0 to provide SPF based scoring.

Any mailing list (excluding straight alias exploders - which are just
forwarders, not mailing lists, and only suitable for small scale
internal use where they are protected from external injection) that
doesn't replace the envelope sender is so badly broken that its beneath
consideration.

Or are you trying to use SPF on the header From: address?

The only problem I see on mailing lists and SPF is that typically many
mailing list recipients appear to have some form of forwarding, so you
hit the forwarding problem again.

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham
Nigel(_dot_)Metheringham(_at_)InTechnology(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk ]