RE: first spf-enabled spam

2004-04-19 11:40:40
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Seth Goodman wrote:

Though I think politics is off-limits here, there is an answer to the
objection of your friends, though they may not like it:  pay for a static
IP.  They can run their own DNS server, web server, etc. exactly how they
like it:  their IP, their rules.  That should have great appeal to them.

For instance, with Cox Cable, the lost cost service with dynamic IP,
some ports associated with Windows viruses blocked (including outgoing tcp 25),
monthly limits on total bytes transferred in each direction, and an AUP
that prohibits 'servers' (whatever that means) is $55/mo.  A static IP with no
ports blocked, no transfer limits is $80/mo.

      "Very few of our customers are going to have a pure Unix
      or pure Windows environment." - Dennis Oldroyd, Microsoft Corporation