Re: first spf-enabled spam

2004-04-12 12:28:26
On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 18:39, Nick Phillips wrote:
I don't see a problem with that, so long as they're sharp when you
report the spam to them. This is where we get to practice what will
eventually become commonplace; there will be spams from SPF-enabled
domains, lots of them.

I currently get about one a week from my few low-traffic servers.

SPF is working; it's enabling us to pin the blame on the sender.
With luck, it will also mean that their abuse department receives
less joe-jobbed reports, and is better able to do something about
ones like this.

Absolutely.  I report every spam I receive that comes through as an SPF
pass.  So far, most organizations I'm reporting to have been very
cooperative.  SPF is enabling them to more reliably tell where the spam
originated.

--
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist