Re: first spf-enabled spam

2004-04-13 11:48:46
In <407C4D6F(_dot_)15174(_dot_)122DBCCF(_at_)localhost> "Ernesto Baschny"
<ernst(_at_)baschny(_dot_)de> writes:

On 13 Apr 2004 at 13:00, wayne wrote:

However, take a look at the amount of information you get from the
whois database for the IP address that sent your email to me:
[snip]
That's not very much info, and it isn't very obvious to me how to
contact the owner of 208.58.1.195.

This here is just a summary, [...]

Ok, I somewhat fibbed.  I knew how to get some of the contact info.

If you read "whois -h whois.arin.net \?", you see that you have a lot
more options that you think. Try the following: "whois +208.58.1.195".
The "+" will expand both net-blocks automatically, instead of just
showing the summary.

I did *not*, however, know about the + option to whois.  I used to use
some web based tools and such.  Thanks!

-wayne