Re: Sender forwarding

2004-04-21 16:14:13
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 06:52:30PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
hospital.  Or maybe it is just a generic webmail service.  Their
application asks for a from email address and rcpt addresses.  It uses the
from
address for both MAIL FROM and header From.  The theory, I guess, was that any
bounces would go to the address entered rather than to the hospital.

There will be tons of web submission forms that work like this (I've
written some).  They aren't forwarding, technically, they are forging
a sender address for their own benefit.  Up to now they've gotten away
with it.

--
"Democracies survive only until the voters discover that they can vote
themselves largesse from the public treasury ..." -- Alexander Tyler