Re: let's get rid of SRS

2004-05-20 09:58:59

On May 20, 2004, at 12:38 PM, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:
role may be able to be played by a DNS server or MTA.  There are group
signature protocols however that do not require a trusted arbitrator.
I'll see if I can look into this some more because I'm not all that
familiar with group signature protocols.

Group signatures are based on group keys. Group keys negotiated without an arbitrator are called "collaborative group key exchanges."

Check out Cliques[1]. I think it was developed over at ISI. A bunch of very smart guys have been working on these problems[2] for years with good success[3].

[1] http://sconce.ics.uci.edu/cliques/
[2] G. Ateniese, O. Chevassut, D. Hasse, Y. Kim and G. Tsudik, "Design of a group key agreement api," in DARPA Information Security Conference and Exposition (DISCEX 2000) [3] Amir, Ateniese, Hasse, Kim, Nita-Rotaru, Schlossnagle, Schultz, Stanton, Tsudik, "Secure Group communication in Asynchronous Networks with Failures: Integration and Experiments," in ICDCS 2000

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth