OT: spammers

2004-05-27 05:02:23
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 08:13:48PM +1000, Chris Drake wrote:

I think the fundamental point you're overlooking is that spammers are
not stupid.  In fact - they're very very not stupid.  Look at all the
"smarts" in the payloads of the new breeds of spam, they've overcome
blacklisting, overcome content filtering, and generally adapted in
near-real-time to every hurdle placed in front of them.

If spammers are so smart, why don't they understand that I do not want
to receive their message?

Why don't they just send their spam to mailboxes that _do_ allow it; in
stead of going through several hoops to _also_ deliver it to me?

Sorry, this just makes no sense to me.

If they didn't send spam to the people controlling MXes and such, they
would find considerably less hurdles on their path.

Alex