RE: A hole in planned phishing-prevention?

2004-06-04 14:52:05
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, william(at)elan.net wrote:

something maybe wrong. But I think that most users will
still fall for the
same phishing trap if they see:

From: security(_at_)citibank-corporate(_dot_)us on behalf of
 "City Bank Security Department" <security(_at_)citybank(_dot_)com>

P.S. By most users I mean the same ones that fall victim to
phishing right
now...

This is understood. However as with many parts of the spam world
there are controls in place here as well.

There have been companies that monitor the net for domain names
that infringe trademarks for many years. We offer this as part
of our Digital Brand Management Services product.

I understand that there are issues to be addressed in this area,
I do not call them showstoppers, I call them product differentiation.