get your ISP to do spf

2004-06-04 14:43:14
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 03:50:46PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
Yeah, it's really best to bug your ISP to publish records so
you can do an include: to them.

The more they get bugged to do it, the more likely they are
to actually do it.

Which reminds me. I actually have an host name from my isp. I don't use
it for anything,  but still want some spf on it. It took me some
convincing, but finally they sysadmins went ahead and created my txt
record. Which is great btw, i doubt other big isp's over here would do
this.

However, they said they wouldn't implement SPF publishing nor checking
since it was too much trouble for too less gain (their words).

So anyone reading this list that is a customer of xs4all (in the
netherlands): go bug them!

Thanks.

Koen

--