RE: dynamic DNS and SPF?

2004-06-04 15:38:30
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Lotas
Smartman
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 5:53 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] dynamic DNS and SPF?

i supose your could cheat and send your self an email from their
server and see what machines it goes though. that way you would have
the real ips, or at least, thats a theory!
Thanks for all your help!

I actually did this for verizon.  I came up with ip4:206.46.170.0/24.  YMMV.

I am in the midst of deciding between Verizon DSL and Comcast cable and
tried to do the same thing for Comcast.  I don't have enough data yet to
draw any conclusions beyond the answer will be more complex than it was for
Verizon.  I sent Comcast a tech support e-mail this morning asking for them
to either give me the IP range for their SMTP servers or to (preferably)
publish their own SPF record.

I referred them to both spf.pobox.com and the aol.com SPF page (for an
example).  So far the only answer I've gotten is that the request has been
escalated.  Any other Comcast users out there, this would be the time to
ask.

Scott Kitterman