Re: short-term ISP policies

2004-06-05 09:56:13
On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 10:33:11AM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

| Likewise, my ISP has no problems with people running servers on their
| DSL lines. However, the original poster was a cable modem customer and
| may have no choice of ISP unless they're prepared to give up broadband
| access (and I don't think I could do that!).

If we're coming back to the original poster, then the
server discussion, while interesting, is not really
relevant, because the original poster only wanted to send
mail out through his ISP's mail servers anyway, but with his
(vanity) domain in the envelope.  That was the reason we
wanted his ISP to publish anyway.