Re: Question on how things work

2004-06-05 22:24:58
Greg Connor wrote:

 [MSA]
you should substitute a known return path associated with
that client, or reject the message.

My bet is that most ISPs do not do this...

2 of my 3 mail providers do something like this:

One is a simple SMTP-after-POP mailer, and I can only use the
MAIL FROM matching my POP3 user name (with the IP of my last
POP3 login of course).

The other is mailto.t-online.de with millions of customers.
They use RADIUS and rewrite both MAIL FROM and even the From-
header (ok., the latter is not exactly covered by RfC 2476 ;-)

Catch-all addresses would be interesting...

My 3rd mail provider, and that's why I'm interested in SPF.
I can still use corresponding From: headers with the 1st resp.
corresponding Reply-To: headers with the 2nd mail provider.

                        Bye, Frank