Re: Question on how things work

2004-06-04 14:27:08
Quoting Meng Weng Wong (mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com):

[snip]
  IF the connection is SMTP auth'ed,
    We assume that the MUA will set "From: user(_at_)vanitydomain(_dot_)com".
    We assume that the ISP will set "Sender: user(_at_)isp(_dot_)net".

Curious as to how to how many here can map an SMTP AUTH login to a
specific sender address?

My customers auth with a mailbox name that may have many addresses
delivered to that mailbox.  In some cases a catchall is the only
address or a catchall in several domains.  I know catchall's are
evil but customers want them and customers pay the bills.

Just thinking out loud.

John Capo
Tuffmail.com