RE: SPF: Not just a clever idea

2004-06-07 08:49:53
Michel Py [michel(_at_)arneill-py(_dot_)sacramento(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us] wrote:
- If XML is such the crap that everyone says, it will not be
successful so there's little to worry about as long as there is an
alternative. OTOH, if the market chooses to implement XML in significant
numbers it means that there's a need for it, and I will implement even
if
I don't like it.

The problem is not with people actually publishing in XML, but with people
being *allowed* to publish in XML, so parsers are *required* to support
XML (and all its properties and facilities that are inappropriate for the
job).

People like me just don't want to support XML (full-blown as it is) in DNS
and MTA software at all.  Thus, implementing and then hoping people won't
publish XML doesn't actually solve the problem.