you are invited to join spf-deployment

2004-06-09 11:40:10
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:28:25AM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

| Should we set a flag day as a community for SPFv1 compliance at the end of
| summer (Sept. 22 in USA)?
|
| Should we send an email to every postmaster@<domain> who hasn't published
| yet? We would describe SPF, the flag day for SPF, and why they need to
| publish very soon. We could also send instructions on some default
| configurations.
|
| Should we start putting serious pressure on discount DNS providers to allow
| the domain name owners to specify TXT records?
|
| Should we get a hold of eBay and other legitimate forgers and educate them
| on SPF and even do what we can to help them comply?

Yes, we should do all of these things.

The SPF-discuss mailing list has a technical orientation.
Historically the folks on SPF-discuss are sysadmin types
concerned with the operational impact of SPF.

But the things you brought up above are more the domain of
email managers.  To that end, I have started a mailing list,
spf-deployment, specifically for talking about setting
deadlines to encourage conversion.

Having a coordinated schedule is very important because
conservative people are going to start publishing with
"?all" defaults and we will one day need to agree on a date
by which they should change that default to "-all".

To subscribe, send a message to
subscribe-spf-deployment(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

Posting is restricted to subscribers, so subscribe with the
address you plan to post from.

cheers
meng