spf-deployment list - roll spf-help into it

2004-06-11 09:30:44
I would suggest that you consider combining spf-help and spf-deployment.

Spf-help doesn't seem to be very active, and I would think having the
two is a tad ambiguous.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Meng
Weng Wong
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:40 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] you are invited to join spf-deployment

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:28:25AM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

| Should we set a flag day as a community for SPFv1 compliance at the
| end of
| summer (Sept. 22 in USA)?
|
| Should we send an email to every postmaster@<domain> who hasn't
| published
| yet? We would describe SPF, the flag day for SPF, and why they need to

| publish very soon. We could also send instructions on some default
| configurations.
|
| Should we start putting serious pressure on discount DNS providers to
| allow
| the domain name owners to specify TXT records?
|
| Should we get a hold of eBay and other legitimate forgers and educate
| them
| on SPF and even do what we can to help them comply?

Yes, we should do all of these things.

The SPF-discuss mailing list has a technical orientation. Historically
the folks on SPF-discuss are sysadmin types concerned with the
operational impact of SPF.

But the things you brought up above are more the domain of email
managers.  To that end, I have started a mailing list, spf-deployment,
specifically for talking about setting deadlines to encourage
conversion.

Having a coordinated schedule is very important because conservative
people are going to start publishing with "?all" defaults and we will
one day need to agree on a date by which they should change that default
to "-all".

To subscribe, send a message to
subscribe-spf-deployment(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

Posting is restricted to subscribers, so subscribe with the address you
plan to post from.

cheers
meng