Re: Re: Why XML

2004-06-23 07:44:23
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:39:52 +0200 (CEST), Lars B. Dybdahl wrote
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:05:48 +0100, Tim Meadowcroft wrote
It sounds like if SPF is going to use XML, there needs to be defined an
XML subset that all records have to adhere to.  But of course, then it's
not really XML anymore.

XML with SPF is about marketing - and a subset of XML is good enough
for the marketing purposes.

That may be, but if we limit it to a strict subset, doesn't that torpedo the
whole "XML provides extensibility" argument?  And if we're writing small,
custom parsers to handle that subset, doesn't that also torpedo the "XML lets
us re-use existing code" argument as well?