Re: Bringing SPF/SRS to reality

2004-06-23 15:47:05
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, James Couzens wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 13:46, Shevek wrote:

You've probably noted that I've been very quiet on list. However, Wayne
and I have been doing a huge amount of work to establish a working
solution with SPF and SRS, and this mail constitutes the first major
public announcement of what we have achieved. To date, we have:

* Libraries implementing both protocols.
  - http://www.libspf2.org/
  - http://www.libsrs2.org/

This is a big project on a serious schedule. The best way you can help
is by DOING it. SEND a contribution. WRITE a patch. If you're unsure
as to what needs doing, Wayne and I have a big list of tasks and
people, with many holes into which you might fit. Ask me OFFLIST.

I STRONGLY object to the "OFFLIST" request.  This is a COMMUNITY
project, not a Shevek project.  I urge that any questions or comments be
directed to the SPF-DEVEL list.  Frankly this whole hostile takeover of
the development of SPF is sickening me.

KEEP DEVELOPMENT OF SPF ON THE SPF-DEVEL LIST.  How the HELL are us
other developers supposed to stay informed?

I actually agree with this remark. Mailing to the spf-devel list is fine.
Mailing to the spf-discuss list is not as it's hard to pick out the
development messages from the general chatter. Personal mails or requests
to the bug tracker will always get faster response as I have a very heavy
email/work load.

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/