CallerId/SPF and MS License

2004-06-25 08:10:28
Hi,
(this is not meant to be a bashing email, i'm just trying to understand how
this works)

Since SPF/CallerID is merging, how will the MS License affect things.
Currently, to implment callerid from MS you need a license. Why?!?  if it's
just a standard, like SMTP, why should I/we need a license? What am I missing
here?  Especially if I'm just parsing data. Why do I now need a license to
parse text/binary dns records? Perhaps someone can comment on the future of how
licensing will be with SPF/caller id? And if there is a license at all, why
does it need to be licensed? Am I missing something here?

btw, I checked the archives, and there isn't a search option (unless I missed
it). If this question has been asked before, please forgive me, and if
possible, send me the link to the thread.

thanks,