Re: SPF usage stats needed for the IETF MARID work

2004-06-25 10:35:12
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 10:20, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

Can you break this down by domain, per chance? How are you getting these
stats? I would like to collect some of my own from home.

I am now mirroring the infinite penguins site which will go live on my
network and on the mirrors of others who have volunteered, and as such
one of the new focuses of this site will be to "crawl the DNS".  I've
got the software written to do it, but I need more domain names.  I was
successful in obtaining one list ;) but If everyone can dump their
nameserver caches or send me their logs (compressed please!) I will add
these to the central database and will provide a way for people to
anonymously suck down a list for their own pleasure/purposes provided
they are in some way affiliated with the SPF project.

Wayne posted this useful logging setup for BIND9 that isn't far of from
my own, but what he has suggested is better suited for what I've asked:

/*
* Logging directives
*
*/

logging {
        channel "named_log" {
                file "named.log" versions 20 size 20m;
                severity dynamic;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;
        };

        category "unmatched" { "named_log"; };
        category "queries"   { "named_log"; };
        category "client"    { "named_log"; };
        category "default"   { "named_log"; "default_syslog"; };
};

--
James Couzens,
Programmer